As summer fades behind this semester, many people are searching for new music to complement the arriving autumn weather. If you are also obsessed with finding new music for every season, then this article is for you because it has six original fall playlists! Each playlist below is hyperlinked to the Spotify playlist for your convenience. These playlists are all published on my profile as the songs included are hand picked by me, not the Daily Runner publication. Regardless of your music subscriptions, here are some free-access playlists of old and new releases for your enjoyment!
A (primarily) indie rock playlist for your commute, homework, and chores. No matter what errands you may run, these songs provide the perfect calm energy to enjoy the drive!
- “That’s Life” by Still Woozy
- “we fell in love in love in october” by the artist girl in red
- “comethru” by Jeremy Zucker
- “Sugarcoated” by both Anna Sofia & young friend
- “get away” by Lany in their 2021 released album, gg bb xx
- “Dissolve” by Absofacto
- “This Must Be The Place” by the band Sure Sure
- “Slow Drive” by Julian Skiboat
- “For Elise” by Saint Motel
- “Don’t You Give Up” by Dansu
A playlist to lift weights and spirits! Sometimes, the only gym buddy we need is a headbanger or a playlist full of them. These songs will get you ready to hit the ground running.
- “Ready Set Let’s Go” by Sam Tinnesz
- “Stomp Me Out” by the artist Bryce Fox
- “Legend” by The Score
- “Gladiator” by Zayde Wolf
- “Kicks” by the artist Barns Country
- “Mad Visions” by Royal Blood in their newly released 2021 album, Typhoons
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet
- “The Phoenix” by the classic band Fall Out Boy
- “Shakin Off The Rust” by The Blue Stones
- “The Fight” by The Phantoms
A playlist for milkshakes and midnight drives! Whether you’re going for a calming late night drive or out for some fast food with friends, this playlist sets the tone for staying up and staying out.
- “Midnight Lorry” by The Dispatch. Just a word from the wise, crank up the base for this.
- “My People” by James Hersey
- “24 Hr Drive-Thru” by Origami Angel
- “Quarter Past Midnight” by Bastille
- “Rebels” by the artist Ivy Adara
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” as covered by Shakey Graves
- “Small Talk” by the artist Briston Maroney
- “Star Crossed” by JON VINYL
- “Can I Call You Tonight?” by the band Dayglow
- “Out of My League” by Fitz & the Tantrums
An assorted repertoire to showcase your shower solos. Something about the acoustics of the shower walls can bring out the singer in everyone, so here’s a playlist you can enjoy singing your heart out with a shampoo bottle or a hairbrush microphone in hand.
- “You Belong with Me” by Taylor Swift was released this year in “Taylor’s Version.”
- “I Will Survive” as a throwback from the mind blowing artist Gloria Gaynor
- “Good 4 U” (non explicit) by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Crash My Car” by the band COIN
- “Someone Like You” by Adele is always a belt-worthy choice
- “Shy Away” by Twenty One Pilots from their May 2021 album, Scaled and Icy
- “Let Me Love You” by Justin Beiber & DJ Snake
- “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede featuring Bjorn Skifs never fails as a throwback
- “Waving Through a Window” by Ben Platt was re-released for the heart-wrenching Dear Evan Hansen Original Motion Picture in September of this year.
- “Check Yes, Juliet” by the band We The Kings
A playlist to get you in the Halloween spirit. It’s spooky season, so don’t turn on Michael Buble’s christmas album just yet! Take some time to thrill to this playlist that could get just about anyone excited for the October holiday season.
- “Season of the Witch” by Lana Del Ray really brings the autumn atmosphere to life.
- “Baby You’re a Haunted House” by the artist Gerard Way from my personal favorite emo band, My Chemical Romance
- “Full Moon Tonight” by Silvastone featuring BELLSAINT
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” as performed by Lorde for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack
- “Spooky Scary Skeletons” as covered by Blas
- “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid
- “Love Potion No. 9” remastered in the single version by The Clovers for a vintage twist on the October season.
- “October Skies” by Mumford & Sons brings a simple calming presence to the otherwise off putting nature of the playlist.
- “Mad About You” by Hooverphonic
- “Howlin’ For You” by The Black Keys for a rock addition to the alternative assortment.
A low-fi playlist to be productive (or daydream). Midterms and finals are approaching in week 8 sooner than we all would like, so this playlist is for those who need to stay on track as well for those who tend to lose track of the time.
- “Monday Loop” by Tomppabeats
- “First Date” by the artist frad
- “I Fell in Love with You One Night in September” by Rook1e
- “Blame Me” by Melvin Alex takes a note from the film, 10 Things I Hate About You and turns it into an emotional loop of music.
- “my heart flutters when I see you” by biosphere
- “my new love” by elijah who
- “Dazed and Confused” as created by softhead
- “warms socks” by Happy Tobi
- “June Gloom” by Prima
- “Finishing Something You Worked Really Hard On” by Lullatone finishes the playlist with the perfect auditory description of what it feels like to finally complete a really hard assignment.
To me, one of the most beautiful things in the world is the constant array of new music that can be found. No matter what you listen to regularly, there is always something new to discover and explore whether by style, artist, or genre. These playlists were created so that you could hopefully find some great new music; I hope you enjoy!
NOTE: If the hyperlinks are not working, try accessing the playlists through this Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/user/mbj7o75i43g36w0k5g0pw6irw?si=afca4359e9c94d45.