- ½ lb grated cheddar cheese
- 5 slices white bread (cut into 12 pieces with removed crusts)
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Grease casserole dish and place ½ bread and ½ cheese in your dish.
- Put in another layer of ½ bread and ½ cheese.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (milk, eggs, mustard) and pour over the two layers.
- Let it stand for at least three hours (or refrigerate overnight).
- Bake the dish uncovered at 350° for about 15 minutes.
- Optional: Cut up and add sausage or bacon (or serve it on the side).