Trends come and go, but some trends make a lasting impression. This week I decided to ask Regent students which current trends have been making an impression on them. Let’s take a look at the results!
Favorite TV Show?
As you might imagine, there were a lot of different answers to this question considering the variety of shows available, but the top three genres were supernatural, animation, and contemporary comedies!
Favorite Song on the Top 40?
The votes are in, and the top three top 40 songs are…
- Willow Smith, Tyler Cole, and THE ANXIETY’s “Meet Me at Our Spot”
- Ed Sheeran’s “Bad Habits”
- Justin Bieber and The Kid LAROI’s “Stay.”
Runners up include…
- Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow’s “Industry Baby”
- Doja Cat’s latest album “Planet Her”
- Olivia Rodrigo’s entire “Sour” EP
Favorite Artist on the Top 40?
For this question, pop singers came narrowly in first, rappers placed second, and vocal powerhouses hit third.
Top Pop Artists
- Taylor Swift
- Olivia Rodrigo
- Ed Sheeran
- Kanye West
- J-Cole, Drake
- Doja Cat
- Lil Nas X
- Ariana Grande
Favorite Celebrity Crushes?
- Marvel Icons: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan
- Actors: Timothee Chalamet, Theo James, Zac Efron, Henry Cavill, and Keanu Reeves
- Zendaya is the most sought after actress.
- Seasoned actresses such as Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson are also still capturing many of the men’s hearts.
Favorite Video Game?
- Mario: Mario is the king of video games, and he proved it with this question! The classic Super Mario games, Mario Party, Mario Kart, and other games starring the Italian plumber all reached the top of the list.
- Minecraft: This popular world building game came in second with half of Mario’s votes
- The Legend of Zelda
The polls are in and the most used app for the students of Regent University is… Instagram! Students reported that they love how easy it is to find and stay in contact with friends and also how simple the app is to work. YouTube fell right behind in second place. Though most people gave straight answers, some did jokingly state that their most used app was Blackboard, which I think is true for all of us.
Overall, everyone has their own individual tastes and aesthetics, but every once in a while, there will be something that brings us all together. Though right now these are the trends we’re obsessed with, we will most likely end up laughing at them in a few years the same way we do the trends of our childhood. That’s how the trend cycle works: something becomes popular, we obsess over it, and then something else comes along and we convince ourselves that the other thing was foolish… even if it wasn’t. While some trends age better than others and some are better remembered than their contemporaries, we can know that these were some of the popular trends during our college days.