College Recipe: Apple Coffee Cake
I bought an all-purpose baking mix from Lidl because the mix is so versatile! As long as your baking mix has a recipe for biscuits, this recipe will work out. I doubled the recipe because one serving didn’t fit in my 9×13” pan. However, if you were to use a 8×8” or 9×9” pan, you could use the original recipe. I have listed the ingredients for a doubled recipe.
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 ⅓ cups milk (Or follow the directions for biscuits for whatever mix you use)
- 4 cups chopped apples
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450*F
- In a bowl, stir together the baking mix and milk until a tight dough forms.
- Grease your 9×13” pan and spread your dough evenly.
- Add your spices to the chopped apples and cover the top of the dough with the mixture.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. When 30 minutes are up, stick a knife in the middle of the dough. If the dough sticks, continue to bake in 5 minute increments until the dough no longer sticky.
- Let cool and drizzle with honey to add sweetness.