Trail Mix is one of my favorite snacks because of the variety. Raisins, chocolate chips, granola, and peanuts… yum! When I get to the bottom of the bag, I’m usually left with a ton of chocolate chips and peanuts. Recently, I didn’t want to waste the remnants by throwing them out, so I combined my favorite type of cookie with my favorite snack!
- ¼ cup butter (or plant-based butter)
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats (regular dry oatmeal)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (or white sugar with 1 tablespoon honey)
- 1 cup trail mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter (1 cup any nut butter)
- ¼ flour (or coconut flour)
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Mix the sugars, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter together until they are combined and creamy.
- Then mix in baking soda, oats, trail mix, and flour.
- You may need to add more flour if the dough does not bind together enough to form into balls. Add a little flour at a time, or else your dough will become dry when baked.
- Scoop into 2-inch balls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let rest on cookie sheet for 5-10 more minutes, then transfer to a drying rack or plate. These cookies have a tendency to be gooey and loose, so the longer they sit on the cookie sheet after baking will help them settle and become more solid.