Usually we associate sweet potatoes with family holiday gatherings, but sweet potatoes are actually a really healthy meal and super easy to prepare on a daily basis! This recipe is for two different kinds of sweet potato fries depending on whether you like a sweet or savory kind. You can get really creative with seasonings and add extra flavors, but these are the two methods I use.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I’ve used coconut oil as well)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- For a topping after they’re done baking, try drizzling your fries with peanut butter and sprinkling with granola!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt
- You could also try bagel seasoning for your savory fries!
- Preheat your oven to 425*F
- Wash and slice your sweet potatoes into fries. I don’t peel my potatoes, but you can if you don’t like the skin.
- Toss the fries in a bowl with your choice of olive oil or coconut oil until they are coated. Add desired seasonings and toss again.
- Scatter your fries on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft.