College Recipe: Cornflake Crusted Chicken Tenders
Are you looking for an easy-to-make and tasty dinner idea? One of my favorites is my grandma’s cornflake crusted chicken tenders with her special sweet-and-sour sauce. This recipe is perfect for dorm dining and serves 8 to 10.
2 pounds of chicken tenders or breasts sliced into strips ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon pepper ¼ cup of Dijon mustard ¼ cup of mayonnaise 6 cups of cornflakes
¾ cup of apricot preserves 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise 1 ½ tablespoons of Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- Heat the oven to 450.
- Mix the chicken, salt, pepper and mayonnaise together in a large bowl.
- Crush the cornflakes into small pieces. You can blend or crunch them in a plastic bag.
- Pore the crushed cornflakes in a shallow bowl, and dredge the chicken stripes through the flakes.
- Place the coated stripes on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake the tenders for 15 minutes or until they are crispy on the outside.
- For the sauce, mix the preserves, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar together and serve with the chicken.