The cold air is blowing in, and we are all craving comfort foods to warm our stomachs and hearts. The meal that gives me this feeling is my mom’s chili! This nostalgic recipe is beginner-friendly, cheap, and delicious!
- 2 15oz cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can of whole corn, drained
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 cup of salsa or as desired
- 1 1oz packet of taco seasoning
- In a large pot on medium heat, combine and stir the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, salsa, beans, corn and chicken broth.
- Once fully combined, stir in taco seasoning.
- Simmer on low to medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
- Optional: Add ½ pound of ground beef (brown the beef in the large pot on high heat before adding the other ingredients).