Making bread is often a tedious task, but this no-knead bread recipe is easy! I added craisins and chopped dates to my loaf. My friend used this recipe and added garlic powder and basil for a savory twist. Your flavor options are endless and are limited only by your imagination.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast (1 package)
- 2 cups warm water (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients, and pour the water in slowly. With a wooden spoon, begin to incorporate the water into the dry ingredients. The dough should become sticky but hold together and not crumble.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow the bread to rise for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours. If the dough isn’t rising, it helps to put the bowl somewhere warm. The dough should double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, take a fork and pull the bread away from the side of the bowl and overturn the dough onto a cutting board or floured surface. You can begin adding whatever flavor add-ins you like.
- Divide the dough into two loaves. You can either free-form the dough and bake it on a cookie sheet or bake it in Pyrex bowls or loaf pans.
- Allow the bread to rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to 375° and bake for another 15-17 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven, and allow it to cool for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.