A few years ago, I bought some pumpkins and wanted to use them to make new dishes. When I searched for pumpkin dishes, I came across a pumpkin bread recipe, which is now one of my most prized recipes. This recipe is my go-to recipe for Thanksgiving, and it serves a large number of people. The one unique thing about this recipe is that I use fresh pumpkin, making it taste the best. If you’re looking forward to the upcoming holidays and want to share that feeling with your friends, this recipe is for you!
- ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: ½ cup walnuts
This step is optional, but if you want fresh pumpkin in your bread, I suggest you follow this step, otherwise just buy a can of pureed pumpkin.
- Buy a small pumpkin. This type will cook faster.
- Cut the pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds. Make sure to save the seeds if you want to make baked pumpkin seeds.
- Spray your baking sheet and the pumpkins with oil or cooking spray.
- Place the pumpkins on the sheet and bake them for up to an hour. When you can push a fork into the pumpkin easily, it’s done.
- Scoop out the pumpkin pulp from the skin.
- Puree the pumpkin pulp until it has a mushy consistency.
- Store the pumpkin puree in the fridge until you are going to use it. You will have about three cups of cooked pumpkin puree.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or oil, ensuring that it is well oiled.
- Combine the wet ingredients: sugar, brown sugar, cooked pumpkin, oil, water, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Make sure to do this slowly to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Optional: Mix the walnuts into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour and fifteen minutes. Stick a toothpick into the bread, and if the toothpick is clean, the bread is done.
- Enjoy and share with your friends!
Note: Here’s a recipe for baked pumpkin seeds.